About Payment Methods
All charges on DLsite will be made in Japanese yen (JPY); after which they will be converted to your country's
currency, calculated at the exchange rate specified either by your card issuing company or by PayPal.
The amounts shown in other currencies (such as dollars and euros) are estimated values based on the exchange rate on the date of the purchase and for reference only.
DLsite is administrated and provided by EISYS Inc. from its office and servers in Japan.
Therefore, service and use of this site is governed by and construed in accordance with Japanese laws and all purchases on DLsite are subject to a Japanese consumption tax.
This tax is already included in the listed prices in JPY.
About Credit Card Payment
At DLsite, all card payments are processed as credit transactions, and you cannot make debit or POS
(point-of-sale) transactions with your card. Therefore, a charge will not be deducted from your bank account
until the next payment date, and should thus be pending until that day.
Also, we collect and send the data regarding purchases made by credit cards to the credit card companies on the very next day of the purchase. Thus, normally, a credit card charge can be confirmed on our customer's end within a couple of days of the transaction.
- Purchases with check/debit/prepaid card are not fully supported.
- If you use your check/debit/prepaid card at DLsite, a small amount of money may be charged to your bank account immediately after the purchase. This comes from the card authorization process incorporated in our payment process. It is not a transaction fee and will be refunded at a later date.
Accepted credit card brands
Visa, Mastercard, JCB and American Express
- "DLsite" will be mentioned on your card statement. The details of your purchases (e.g. titles) will not be mentioned.
- Your credit card information is handled and stored by ECONTEXT, INC. (one of DLsite's payment agencies).
- You can edit or delete your registered card information via [ Edit Credit Card Information ].
- Our credit card payment process incorporates the 3-D Secure system to provide a higher level of security.
- Depending on your card/bank, you may be required to pay an international transaction fee.
- If you get an error message that says "credit card number is incorrect" upon entering
correct information, setting 3-D Secure (authorization system) may solve the problem. For more details, please
refer to [ About 3-D
If setting 3-D secure does not solve the problem, your card issuing company/bank may be blocking the purchase on DLsite. In such a case, please contact your card issuing company/bank for more details.
- In their use policy, PayPal prohibits all their account holders from buying or selling
sexually oriented digital goods, including downloadable pictures or videos, subscriptions to websites, or
other content delivered through a digital medium.
DLsite follows this rule, and Payment by PayPal is available as a payment option only for works intended for all ages.
- "DLsite" will be mentioned on your PayPal statement. The details of your purchases (e.g. titles) will not be mentioned.
Purchase of Points
Accepted payment methods
Visa, Mastercard, JCB and American Express, PayPal and BitCash
- You can purchase points using PayPal on the [All Ages / G-rated page ] only.
- You will need a 16 character hiragana ID to make payment by BitCash. As this ID uses Japanese characters you will require a system environment that allows the input or copying & pasting of Japanese language characters.
- Purchased points are usable for any product on DLsite English.