About Older Software Protection
Important notice about system change
From October 22 (Thu.), 2015, the verification system of older software protection uses a Product ID instead of ActiveX control.
If you have purchased products copy-controlled with the older software protection and wish to download them again, please refer to [ How to View Copy-Controlled Products ].
About Operating Environment and System Requirements
The following operating environment is required to download and view the products copy-controlled with the older software protection.
|Others||* Internet connection
* Windows Media Player (If the product is in movie format.)
* This system is not compatible with Mac OS.
About the System
The products copy-controlled with the older software protection are encrypted to prevent unauthorized copies. To view the products, you need to install the Key Installation Tool and the Decoding Tool, and authenticate them with a Product ID issued at the time of purchase (first time only).
To download and view a product copy-controlled with the older software protection, you need to install the Key Installation Tool and the Decoding Tool.
If the product is in movie format, you need to install the Decoding Tool (for Movie).
Click the download button to download the files. Double-click the downloaded files to install them.
|Key Installation Tool||
About Adobe Acrobat Reader
When browsing an item in PDF format, Adobe Acrobat Reader must be installed in your PC. The tool is compatible with Adobe Acrobat Reader DC.
- You need to be logged into your PC as administrator. Please take note if several people use the computer.
- If your operation system is Windows Vista/7/8, right-click the downloaded file and choose [ Run as administrator ] to install the tool.
- Please note that you may be asked to restart your computer during the installation process.
- Please save the necessary software in a separate location from the copy-controlled product files.
Validation of the Decoding Tool
After successfully installed the tool, please download the following test files and confirm operation.
Validation of the Decoding Tool
|1. Image display||Test file: imageprotect_test.zip (34.2KB)||
|2. Text display||Test file: textpdf_test.zip (16.7KB)||
Validation of the Decoding Tool (for Movie)
|Movie display||Test file: moviepbfm_test.zip (365KB)||
How to View Copy-Controlled Products
1. Note the Product ID on the download page
Please take note of the 32-digit Product ID displayed on the download page when the payment is completed
then download the file. The Product ID is requested when you start the product.
Display of Product ID
2. Extract the product file
When the download is complete, extract the product file. For more details about extraction, please refer to [ Necessary Tools ].
3. Enter the Product ID
Start the Key Installation Tool (KeyInstall.exe) and enter the Product ID you noted. Click on the [ OK ] button to acquire a decoding key to view the copy-controlled product. (The entry is required only the first time you view a product.)
4. How to view the product
Double-click the product file after extraction. It will be associated with the acquired key to start and display the product. Extraction may take a while for large-sized files. You may be required to update your video card drivers if images (in a CG collection, for example) look blurred.
The older software protection has the following limitations to prevent unauthorized copies.
- The downloaded file is viewable only on the PC onto which you have downloaded and saved the file. When you wish to view the item on other computers, please enter the Product ID again on that computer.
- The capture and print functions of images are disabled. (Although printing or capturing images may be possible with a demo version, you cannot use these functions with the purchased version.)
- The file is not viewable on Windows OS that is installed on virtual PC software (VMware, crossover, etc.).
Operation When Using Anti-Virus Software
Sometimes, anti-virus software such as Norton Internet Security and avast! may falsely recognize the decoding tool as a virus and prevent you from downloading or browsing a file. If this is the case, please try downloading or browsing the file with your anti-virus software temporarily turned off, or manually set allowances for the decoding tool and the product file.
Especially when you are using free anti-virus software such as avast!, AVG, ANTIVIR and COMODO, please make sure the decoding tool works on your computer prior to making a purchase.
If you purchased a copy-controlled product as a guest, the downloaded file may no longer run if you do the following:
- Change/Replace your OS.
- Reformat the hard disk drive on which Windows is installed.
- Change/Replace your hard disk.
In any of the above cases, if you wish to view the file, you will need to purchase the product again.
If you have problems in downloading or viewing the product, please check [ Notice ] and try the following.
If the error "Access Denied" pops up and the download does not start
- Administrator privileges are required to download products copy-controlled with the older software protection.
Please see [ Check administrator privileges ].
If you have problems in viewing the product
If you have problems in viewing the product after the download, please try the following.
- Close other applications and software as much as possible.
- Check your security software settings. Try adding an exception rule for the product folder/file, or turn off the software temporarily. Please refer to [ Notice ].
- Run the product file with administrator privileges.
* Right-click the product file "Start.exe" and choose "Run as administrator".
- [ PDF format ]
You cannot open PDF works from Adobe Reader. Double-click the product file "Start.exe" to view the product.
- [ Movie format ]
Check if the latest version of Windows Media Player is installed. [ Download Windows Media Player ]
- [ Game format ]
Game works may fail to start if the key installation tool and the decoding tool are saved in the same location as the product file. Please migrate them to a different location.
- If an error message in Japanese appears when you try starting a product, please refer to [ FAQ ] as well.
- If the error message "It failed in the protection of the contents. Contents cannot be reproduced. (Error code = 10029)" appears, please refer to [ FAQ ] as well.
If you continue to have difficulty after trying all of the above, please [ Contact Us ] with details of the error message and displayed screen.